Sam Marsden
Moises llorens
April 2, 2025, 06:34 am et
Lariga says Barcelona did not have the pay space to register Daniormo or Povictor with the Spanish Ministry of Sports (CSD) due to rules this week on whether this week’s duo can play again this season.
The league has questioned the 100 million euro deal and said in January that CSD will grant OLMO and Víctor temporary registrations and report an unnamed auditor Barça, which will be used to verify the sale of VIP sheets at the redeveloped Spotify Camp Nou.
The deal was not recorded in the account Barça, filed with Lariga last week for the 2024-25 season.
“The financial statements show that Barcelona has also not had the ability to register Olmo and Víctor on December 31, 2024, January 3, 2025, and since then,” the league said in a statement Wednesday.
Dani Ormo has made 13 appearances in all competitions, including Lariga’s seven. Manuel Queimadelos/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images
Lariga added that he later communicated to Barca to “reduce spending limits.” This rose to 463 million euros in February, but will transfer all information to CSD and report the nameless auditor to the Spanish Accounting and Audit Authority (ICAC).
A club source told ESPN that Barça is not planning to respond to Lariga’s statement. CSD is expected to make a final decision on whether Olmo and Víctor registrations should be cancelled for the rest of the season before April 7th.
However, at a luncheon for the club’s manager, Barcelona chief João Laporta commented, calling the move “another big attempt to make Barcelona unhappy.”
“Today we are in the final against Atletico Madrid. The revitalization of this kind of controversy is no coincidence. It’s another Huga attempt to destabilise our team.
“As Barcelona’s president, I will not allow this and continue to protect the club’s interests.”
Editor’s Pick
2 Related
The issue is ongoing since the turn of the year when Barca missed its December 31 deadline and proved it compliant with Lariga’s financial regulations to register Olmo and Víctor later in the campaign.
They initially received temporary registrations via League Rules, allowing them to register on behalf of long-term injured players, in this case Andreas Christensen.
Lariga later confirmed that the sale of the VIP seat for 100 million euros had reclaimed the club within regulations on January 3, but the opportunity was passed to extend the registration of Olmo and Victor.
Barca appealed the decision to CSD. CSD has agreed to recover registrations while analyzing cases in the three-month window held this week.
The CSD decision has sparked rage throughout the league, with Lariga President Javier Tevas and athletic club chief John Uriate expressing complaints, while several top flight clubs also issued statements questioning the ruling.
Olmo, who joined Barça from RB Leipzig for around 60 million euros last summer, is on the sidelines with adduct injuries that are scheduled to rule him out until mid-April.
Since the CSD ruling, Spain International has scored 13 goals, two goals and four assists in all competitions, including seven at Lariga.
Meanwhile, Víctor has only featured five times in the same period. All the young forward outings have come as alternatives.