At least 14 people have been killed and dozens have been injured in a Russian missile attack on the central Ukrainian city of Krivili Rie, according to regional head Serhii Raisak.
Six of the deaths were children, said President Voldy Zelensky, who grew up in Cliviy Lee.
Images from the scene show at least one victim lying in a playground blocked by police. Olexandre Virkul, head of the city’s defense administration, said the ballistic missiles had landed in the heart of the residential area.
One video showed a block of 10-storey flats that had been wiped out by the attack, and a large section of the victims lying on the road outside.
The attack comes early on Friday evening, when US President Donald Trump is the most deadly thing in Cliviy RIH since the start of a full-scale Russian invasion in 2022, when US President Donald Trump is seeking a ceasefire.
Zelensky wrote on social media that at least five buildings were damaged during Friday’s strike.
The community leader at Kryvyi Rih said that over 30 people were being treated for the wounds, with the youngest being only three months old.
The military chiefs of both the UK and France met Zelensky in Kiev on Friday to discuss plans for foreign peacekeeping forces stationed in Ukraine as part of a potential ceasefire deal.
However, there were few signs of breaking out of violence.
Kryvyi Rih was also attacked when the central building was attacked earlier this week, killing four people.
Earlier on Friday, Russian drones attacked Harkiv, a northeastern city, killing five more lives.
France and the UK have accused Russia of limping on Ukraine’s peace deal. British Foreign Minister David Lamy told reporters at the NATO summit in Brussels that the Russian leader “will now accept a ceasefire. [but] He continues to attack the civilian, Ukraine.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Russians knew what America was saying.
Kryvyi Rih is said to be the longest city in Europe, about 40 miles (70km) from the frontline in eastern Ukraine and has a population of 600,000.