“Fire Nico” Mavericks fans call and claim it broke after a case plan filed a police report
Published on April 2, 2025 at 12:50 AM PDT
Play video content tmzsports.com
A Dallas fan who yelled “Fire Nico” on Nico Harrison’s face on Monday night says his phone was taken and thrown to the ground shortly after the incident…and now he tells TMZ Sports that he plans to file a police report on the entire ordeal.
Chris Taylor said that during the MAVS tilt with the net, a scene of a wild call went down at the American Airlines Center… about an hour after he reached Harrison’s grill, he said he should be canned.
Play video content x/@mvpluka77
Taylor said our team and arena officials approached him and were furious at him about his interactions with Harrison. He later says that the man he believes is affiliated with them was sitting behind him… and he got physical with him when he whipped his phone and slammed the scene on video.
Taylor said the man grabbed him, took the phone, and threw it to the ground. He added that thankfully the new case prevented it from being destroyed.
Play video content
But he told us when he went to report the incident to the Mavericks staff and the arena security guards – nothing was done… and he believes it was because after his break-in with Harrison they were in each other.
Taylor said he would go to the police immediately to report what happened.
“I feel like a crime has been committed, I feel [the Mavericks] Doing nothing is part of that,” Taylor said.
“I think you’re an idiot who doesn’t submit a police report after what happened to me last night,” he added.
Taylor said he hasn’t heard from the Mavericks since the game’s conclusion.
Play video content tmzsports.com
When we contacted the team for comments on Tuesday, they weren’t back to us.
Taylor – Anti-Harrison fans who were actually caught up in a previous argument with Mark Cuban earlier this season at the American Airlines Center say despite the issues he has gained “overwhelming support” from fans to oppose the franchise following the Luka Donsic trade.
He also said he hasn’t been banned from the game…at least, not yet.